Professor of Political Science (International Relations / international organizations), Director of The Center for American Studies.
Prince Saud Al-Faisal institute of Diplomatic Studies at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Address : PO BOX 51988, Riyadh 11553
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
• received the degree of Doctor of Philosophy PhD in political science ( international relations and international organizations) from the University of Reading , Reading , UK in 1991, the title of his doctoral thesis: The Gulf Cooperation Council States: The Manifold Threats and The Search for Security and Stability Maintenance in the Gulf and Arabian Peninsula.
• received a master 's degree in political science MA in addition to a minor in Economics from the University of Minnesota, Mankato, Minnesota, USA, 1983, and the title of Master's thesis was : "The Role of OPEC in the World Economy and Political stability"
• received a BS degree in Business Administration from the University of Minnesota, Mankato, Minnesota, USA,1981.
• received an AA degree from Willmar College, Willmar, Minnesota, USA, 1979.
• worked in the Saudi Council of Ministers as a political affairs consultant until 1985.
• worked as lecturer at the Institute of Diplomatic Studies since 1985.
• Worked Since 1991, as a Professor of political Science at the Institute of Diplomatic Studies, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia .
• collaborator in the field of academic and teaching with a number of academic institutions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia .
• a member of a number of committees at the Institute of Diplomatic Studies and chaired a number of them .
• a member of a number of committees outside the Institute, including some of the committees Created by the Second Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense and Aviation.
Courses that are taught at the Institute of Diplomatic Studies:
• Graduate Program (Diploma):
- International Relations.
- Foreign policy.
• General Courses taught to diplomats and related government institutions:
- Contemporary International Issues
- International Relations of The Gulf States.
- International organizations.
- Foreign policy.
- International humanitarian law and human rights.
-Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States.
- International Relations
Books and Research published in a refereed academic journals:
• OPEC and the North-South Dialogue , Journal of Diplomatic Studies , 1985.
•The economic statues in the Republics of Central Asia, the Caucasus and its impact on future investment and trade relations with The Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf. GCC, Attaawun, Number 65, 1996.
• The future relations of the GCC with the Central Asian Republics, International Studies, number 1, the sixth year, winter 1997 .
• Prospects and obstacles to cooperation between the GCC and the republics of Central Asia and the Caucasus , Gulf Symposium future relations with the Central Asian republics , the Institute of Diplomatic Studies , Riyadh , April 1996.
• Prospects for Peace. Stability and Security in the Gulf. Walton Park Conference , 8-12 January 1996.
• Gulf - Saudi relations ( a chapter in the book of foreign policy of Saudi Arabia in a hundred years ) which was released on the occasion of the centenary celebration of the founding of the Kingdom, Riyadh, 1998.
• Saudi Arabia relations Arab Gulf States ( political ) scientific research submitted to the kingdom Conference in a hundred years, Riyadh, 1998 .
• oil discoveries in the Republics of Central Asia and its impact on the Gulf oil-producing Countries, Symposium: Central Asia and the Gulf states, Tehran, Iran, 2000.
• Saudi Arabia policy towards the countries of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf, a symposium foreign policy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the era of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz, Riyadh, 2001.
• The oil situation in the republics of Central Asia and the Caucasus: the reality and the future and its impact on the Gulf Cooperation Council for the Arab Gulf states, The Journal of Studies of the Gulf and Arabian Peninsula, the number 93, the twenty fourth year, April /May /June, 1999.
• Human rights, economic, social and cultural rights: a comparative study between Islamic Law and Positive Law (the case of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights). Journal of Social Sciences, Kuwait, 2004.
• Human rights, civil and political rights: a comparative study between Islamic law and positive law. (The case of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights). Journal of Law, Kuwait, 2003.
• Economic globalization and the globalization of politics: the impact of globalization on state sovereignty, the Journal of International Studies, No. 24, October 2009.
• Prisoners of War in International Law and Islamic Law, 2011.
• Human rights and fundamental freedoms in Islamic law and positive law.
• A comparative study between Islamic law and positive law for civil, economic and political rights and social and cultural rights (the case of UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights 1948). 2004.
• Diplomacy: its types and stages of development, 2013.
Research and books in the process of publishing:
• The eleventh of September: the dramatic International Politics Changes and developments
• Globalization and the future of diplomacy.
• the future relations between the countries of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf and Iran in the light of regional and international developments.
• Political and economic effects of globalization on the countries of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf.
Supervised many of the Graduate Researches, Institute of
• the Arab and international attitudes toward Iraqi occupation of Kuwait .
• Iran's policy in the Gulf: Effects and behaviors.
• political developments in the Gulf region 1979-1991.
• Taif Treaty in the light of the principles of international law and the border crisis between Saudi Arabia and Yemen.
• peace crisis in the Middle East in the light of international and regional developments.
• The impact of the growth of Islamic trends in Turkey 's foreign policy .
• The impact of the conflict in the Horn of Africa on the stability of the countries bordering the Red Sea.
• Gulf oil and its impact on the Gulf States - European relations
• The role of the United States as a mediator in the peace process between Israel and the Palestinians.
• The motives of American interest in the Caspian Sea region.
• The impact of international transformations on the foreign policy of Saudi Arabia.
• The impact of changes in the so - called new international order on the phenomenon of terrorism.
• The future of peace in the Middle East in light of the so - called new international order
• The most important political events and developments in the Gulf region and its implications for the region. ( 1979-1991 ) .
• Arab and international dimensions and attitudes towards the Iraqi occupation of Kuwait.
• U.S. strategy toward the Gulf region after September 11.
• Iranian support for the Houthi militias and their impact on the security of Saudi Arabia.
Academic and Research Interests:
• International Relations.
• International Organizations.
• GCC countries and their relations with the United States of America, European countries and the so-called Soviet Union.
• Human Rights.
• Consultative crisis and democracy in the Arab world.
• Globalization and the phenomenon of terrorism.
Conferences and seminars attended by many the most important:
• Israel and the Israeli - American relations, Amman, Jordan, 1986.
• Arabs and the West, Paris, France, 1989.
• The Arab world and the new world order, Paris, France, 1992.
• The Arab world and its challenges in light of the new international order, Cairo. Egypt, 1993 .
• the future of Russian Relations with the Republics of Central Asia and the Caucasus, Moscow , Russia, 1994.
• Commissioners International Symposium, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 1995.
• the prospects for peace , stability and security in the Gulf, Britain, 1996 .
• Republics bordering the Caspian Sea and the international oil companies, London , UK , 1997 .
• Arab Relations - Saudi, Kuwait, 1998.
• Annual Conference of the Association of Political Science in the United States of America, 1998.
• Represented the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, as part of the Kingdom's delegation to the meetings of the United Nations General Assembly at its 53rd session, chaired the Third Committee regarding human rights issues, 1998.
• Iran and the Central Asian republics, Tehran, 1999.
• Conference of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in a hundred years, Riyadh , 1419.
• Iran and the Gulf States, 2000.
• Parliamentarians' Conference in the Muslim world, Tehran, 2001.
• Conferences (BRISMAS).
• Conference of the American Political Science Association, 2011.
• The 65th annual conference of the Middle East Institute in Washington, 2011.
• Third intellectual Conference of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, Baku, 2012.
• Conference on cultural diplomacy in contemporary international relations, Berlin, 2012.
• Cambridge Annual Conference 2013.
• Cambridge Annual Conference 2014.
• International Conference on Syria, Copenhagen, 2015.
• International Conference on the Middle East, Washington, 2017.
• Iran and the GCC States workshop, the Arab Gulf States Institutes, 2018.
Committees and Supervisions:
• Supervised the planning and development department at the Institute of Diplomatic Studies .
• Supervision Committee for the Diploma Program Research at the Institute of Diplomatic Studies .
• Chaired the Committee for the development of programs at the Institute of Diplomatic Studies.
• Chaired the Committee for housing for the faculty members of the Diplomatic Institute.
• Chaired the Committee of attendance and absence at the Diplomatic Institute.
• Head of the career and training Program committee at the Diplomatic Institute (Political Science).
• Director of the Center for Asian Studies 2009-2011.
• Director of the Center for Strategic and International Studies, 2011-2013.
• Supervisor of the Ambassadors Preparation Training Program, 2013-2018.
• Supervisor of The Development Programs, IDS, 2013 -2018.
• Director of the Center for American Studies, IDS, 2013 – present.
Membership of committees:
• Committee for the development and Improving Saudi relations with the Republics of Central Asia .
• Committee for the establishment of Future Studies Center Created by the Royal Court.
• Committee to assess the training programs at the IDS.
• Committee to consider the participation of faculty members in internal and external seminars and conferences, IDS.
• Supervision Committee for the Institute of Diplomatic Studies Library .
• Supervision Committee for the negotiations process, IDS .
• Committee for preparation of a book of foreign policy in a hundred years on the occasion of the centenary of the entry of King Abdelaziz, Riyadh.
• Commission rules and regulations Diplomatic Institute .
• Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Diplomatic Studies, 2008-2010 .
• Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Political Studies 2010 -2013.
• Committee to assess some of the work of human rights in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• The Conference Academic Committee 2011 – 2016.
• Committee for the Promoting of National Unity and National Security, 2011 – 2016.
• Member of the founding committee of the Arabian Institute ( Arabic).
• Member of the Board of Directors of the Arab Institute (Arabic)
• Member of the Committee on Conferences and Seminars, Diplomatic Institute .
• Member for a number of academic journals inside and outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia .
• A member of the Committee of Arabia routing problem based on the High Commissioner for a better dialogue with the moderate think tanks in the United States of America 2011.
• A member of a number of forums and academic conferences outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• Teaching as collaborator at the University of Prince Naif bin Abdulaziz University.
• A collaborator in the Command and Staff College .
• Training of the staff of the Ministries of Foreign Affairs in a number of Gulf states.
• Cooperation in training Program at the Diplomatic Institute in the State of Qatar, 2013-2014.
• Contributed to the establishment of the Diplomatic Institute in the State of Qatar,2012 .
• Participated in a number of committees and membership workshops government inside and outside the Institute .
• trained Bahraini diplomats, Manama, 2014.
•Lectured in international relations at King Abdul Aziz Military College for Senior Officers in War College, 2014-2015.
• Contributed to the design of programs in international relations for the benefit of the War Wing at King Abdelaziz Military College for senior officers.